How I Pimped My Rental Apartment (part II) - Wall(s)

Everybody knows renting an apartment (or a house) instead of buying one always limits the interior possibilities thoroughly. In my case In many cases it's prohibited to apply wallpaper. I really wanted one wall with a fancy pattern though, and I knew there had to be enough alternative ways. There are even cheaper ways. I remembered a brilliant tutorial I saw some time ago. This method does take significantly longer than wallpapering, it's kind of a hassle, but on the plus side it costs abso-fucking-lutely nothing, because you only need a few (golden) sharpies. You can choose or design a pattern to your liking and the gold sharpie makes it shine.




What do you need?
Just a pattern you like and enough golden sharpies to cover the size of the wall. With the one that I bought I could do like 3 square metres. It might be handy to draw in pencil first but hell I ain't got patience for that.


The pattern I did:


As you can see it's just a 3D square repeated, so you start with one in the corner. Make sure you measure all of the distances between the different legs and you're good to go!


0 reacties :

Een reactie posten

ABOUT STUDIO CARO

Hi! I'm Caroline from Belgium and this is my playground. I am a graphic designer with an irresistible urge to collect and make beautiful things. I blog about art, DIY, beauty and the general life of a twenty-something. You'll find a tutorial here and there too. Also, I am a freelancer and always looking for new clients, so check my portfolio or contact me!

LIKE ON FACEBOOK